top of page
Fri, Jul 12|
Starved Rock Council Overhang Parking
Starved Rock Meditation Hike
Spending time immersed in nature is relaxing and healing. Please join us for an easy hike to a beautiful power spot in Starved Rock State Park for quiet meditation.
Registration is ClosedSee other events
Time & Location
Jul 12, 2019, 7:30 AM – 9:00 AM
Starved Rock Council Overhang Parking , Starved Rock, Deer Park Township, IL 61348, USA
About the Event
Ottawa and Kaskaskia Canyons
Guide: Rose-Marie Lowe
- Meet in the Council Overhang parking lot.
- Hike will begin promptly at 7:30am. If you’re running late, feel free to catch up with us along the trail.
- We’ll hike to Council Overhang first (some stairs). Next, we’ll travel to Kaskaskia Canyon, and then Ottawa Canyon. In Ottawa Canyon we’ll sit in quiet meditation for 15 minutes, and then hike back out.
- We’ll go rain or shine.
- wear shoes that can get wet and muddy
- wear comfortable clothing
- bring something to sit or lie on (towel, small blanket, yoga mat), insect repellant, and a water bottle
We’ll meet in the Council Overhang parking lot.
Total hiking distance is 1 mile.
bottom of page