Starved Rock Meditation Hike
Time & Location
About the Event
Spending time immersed in nature is relaxing and healing. Please join us for an easy hike to a beautiful power spot in Starved Rock State Park for quiet meditation.
Friday, March 27, 2020
Guide: Rose-Marie Lowe
- Meet in the Ottawa and Kaskaskia Canyon parking lot.
- Hike will begin promptly at 11:00am. If you’re running late, feel free to catch up with us along the trail.
- We’ll hike to Council Overhang, Kaskaskia Canyon, and Ottawa Canyon (all are close together).
- We’ll sit in quiet meditation for fifteen minutes in Ottawa Canyon or Council Overhang (depending on how wet things are). And then we'll hike back out.
- We’ll go rain or shine.
- wear shoes that can get wet and muddy - rainboots are recommended
- wear comfortable clothing
- bring something to sit or lie on (towel, small blanket, yoga mat)
This trail is fairly flat, but there are some slight elevation changes. Total hiking distance is 1.2 miles.