Fri, Mar 27|
Starved Rock State Park - Ottawa Canyon
Starved Rock Meditation Hike
Now that spring is arriving, it is time to resume our Starved Rock meditation hikes. Nature is one of the most healing environments. Come join us for an easy hike with a short meditation to help you connect with nature and your inner well-being.
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Starved Rock State Park - Ottawa Canyon, 2668 E 875th Rd, Oglesby, IL 61348, USA
About the Event
Spending time immersed in nature is relaxing and healing. Please join us for an easy hike to a beautiful power spot in Starved Rock State Park for quiet meditation.
Friday, March 27, 2020
Guide: Rose-Marie Lowe
- Meet in the Ottawa and Kaskaskia Canyon parking lot.
- Hike will begin promptly at 11:00am. If you’re running late, feel free to catch up with us along the trail.
- We’ll hike to Council Overhang, Kaskaskia Canyon, and Ottawa Canyon (all are close together).
- We’ll sit in quiet meditation for fifteen minutes in Ottawa Canyon or Council Overhang (depending on how wet things are). And then we'll hike back out.
- We’ll go rain or shine.
- wear shoes that can get wet and muddy - rainboots are recommended
- wear comfortable clothing
- bring something to sit or lie on (towel, small blanket, yoga mat)
This trail is fairly flat, but there are some slight elevation changes. Total hiking distance is 1.2 miles.